Tuesday, July 28, 2015

If only I had something important to say

Recently,  I had someone comment that she really enjoyed reading my blog and was intrigued with the concept.  I suggested that she start up her own blog and share out ideas and experiences of her own.  Her response made me sad.  She said she would love to if she had anything interesting to say.  It made me stop and think, how many of our students feel the same way??

We spend a great deal of time in elementary school teaching our students both academic and social skills.  We also have the opportunity to model for them behavior that shows pride in who we are and what we do.  As educators, we teach so much just by modeling the behaviors we hope to encourage in our students.  One way we can model is by showing that we ALL have something important to say and a contribution to make.  We all have life experiences that we can relate to the classroom and we all have a passion to help others (that's why we are here!).

Now, I'm not saying that everyone has to start up a blog of their own.  But I certainly hope that every child and every adult in our school feels that what they do and say is important to someone...because it is!  And the things you say and the experiences you share are meaningful and probably impact more people and than you will ever know.


What you have to say IS important!


Click on this Link for a good laugh:)

I would love to connect with you on Twitter @jon_wennstrom

PEARLS OF WISDOM

"Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." - Robert Frost

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't focus on having a great blog. Focus on producing a blog that's great for your readers." - Brian Clark


UPCOMING EVENTS

School will start before we know it.  Enjoy the remainder of your summer! 



No comments:

Post a Comment