Monday, June 20, 2016

Summer Learning

This summer, our Compelled Tribe blogging group is sharing out ways that we will continue to learn while school is out. I've loved hearing all the ways that people continue to learn with conferences they are attending, books they are reading, and even presentations they are giving or books they have written.  This is an impressive group and one that I'm honored to be a part of!

My plan for summer learning has several parts. The plan starts with my "Leadership Matters" cohort through MEMSPA (Michigan Elementary & Middle School Principals Association). Our group just had a wonderful weekend of learning and we will meet again at the Summer Learning Institute on beautiful Mackinac Island in August. The best part will be bringing my family along, so I can combine professional learning with family time. Days of connecting with educators and evenings with my family on the island will make for a great getaway!

The next part of my plan includes professional reading. I'm very excited to dive into the following books: "Kids Deserve It!" by Todd Nesloney and Adam Welcome , "Hacking Learning" by Tony Sinanis and Joe Sanfelippo, and "The Writing on the Classroom Wall" by Steve Wyborney from our very own Compelled Tribe! Each of these books are written by educators that inspire me and are part of my PLN. I know they will continue to inspire me through their books!

Finally, I plan on continuing learning this summer through our blogging group. Reflecting and writing certainly helps me focus my vision of leadership, but reading the posts and ideas of others helps me grow and look at things in new ways and helps me refine and continually improve my leadership vision. Learning doesn't stop when summer starts...as educators we can model that mentality by continuing our professional and personal growth. I'm lucky to have such a great group to inspire and challenge me!

SUMMER READING LIST!! 

PEARLS OF WISDOM

"The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." - Jiddu Krishnamurti 

"Learning never exhausts the mind." - Leonardo da Vinci

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi 

The short life of "new" technology! 





No comments:

Post a Comment